Just in time for the holidays!
Chaces are you will be eating lots of heavy cooked, baked and fried foods this season. It IS hard to resist… So if you are eating a cooked meal – you need lots of enzymes to help you digest it. Nothing beats a REAL relish – raw relish (and/or fermented relish). Relishes were originay designed for JUST THIS PURPOSE – to help you digest your food and help you eat healthier!
Recipe for Raw Cranberry Sauce!
You can use fresh or frozen cranberries for this recipe… Try to get the fresh ones when they are in season. Please do NOT use the dried cranberries. They are often coated in some sort of sugar and often some sort GMO laden oil. Yuck!
- 3-3.5 cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup slivered soaked almonds
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, deribbed and coarsely diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Place cranberries and honey in food processor and pulse to chop (do not puree).
- Add lemon juice, almonds, celery and apple, and pulse to incorporate.
- Transfer to a bowl and taste. IF too tart, then add just enough honey to sweeten to taste.
- Chill covered for at least one day (and up to three) to let the flavors “setup.”