Chaces are you will be eating lots of heavy cooked, baked and fried foods this season. It IS hard to resist… So if you are eating a cooked meal – you need lots of enzymes to help you digest it. Nothing beats a REAL relish – raw relish (and/or fermented relish). Relishes were originay designed for JUST THIS PURPOSE – to help you digest your food and help you eat healthier!
Recipe for Raw Cranberry Sauce!
You can use fresh or frozen cranberries for this recipe… Try to get the fresh ones when they are in season. Please do NOT use the dried cranberries. They are often coated in some sort of sugar and often some sort GMO laden oil. Yuck!
- 3-3.5 cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup slivered soaked almonds
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, deribbed and coarsely diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Place cranberries and honey in food processor and pulse to chop (do not puree).
- Add lemon juice, almonds, celery and apple, and pulse to incorporate.
- Transfer to a bowl and taste. IF too tart, then add just enough honey to sweeten to taste.
- Chill covered for at least one day (and up to three) to let the flavors “setup.”
A sneak peak inside the wonderful world of Cherry’s book, Eat Like Eve. ALL the recipes are vegan, lactose-free, dairy free, gluten free, and made from family friendly, natural ingredients. This Preview includes a FUN and EASY Everyday Drink Recipe that anyone with a juicer can make!
It’s Easy Being… Green Lemonade THAT IS…
- 3 leaves dark kale
- 3 apples
- 1 WHOLE head romaine lettuce
- 1 entire lemon
Juice in juicer and serve over ice
EAT LIKE EVE – Soy-Free Raw VEGAN Egg Nog Recipe
A sneak peak inside the wonderful world of Cherry’s book, Eat Like Eve. ALL the recipes are vegan, lactose-free, dairy free, gluten free, and made from family friendly, natural ingredients. And this is a FUN and EASY Holiday Drink Recipe that anyone with a blender can make!
Drinks & Smoothies
Want to get thin and super healthy faster? Then follow the old adages of increasing your metabolism through diet and exercise. They do seem to work! And when you watch what you eat, raw liquids make perfect sense to me for the “diet” part. This is because you are feeding yourself tons of nutrients very quickly and making them easier to assimilate. So your body says, “Speed up that metabolism to burn off all this stuff coming in.” But at the same time, there is not a lot of fat or oil to clog up the system and add pounds. Just remember to CHEW your juice!
X-Egg X-mas Treat Eggless Nog
- 3 cups ice water
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 5 tbsp. agave
- 3 pinches of nutmeg
- salt to taste
- Blend water, nuts, agave, salt and 2 pinches nutmeg really well until extra smooth.
- Chill and serve.
- Garnish with pinch of nutmeg on top.
Suggestion: You can add 1 tbsp. lecithin to make your nog thicker.
I will drink up this home-made RAW egg-less nog before drinking store bought SOY NOG with carrageenan ANY DAY OR NIGHT!
I have made up a ton of fun memes to share on instagram!
#rawfood #eatlikeeve #cherrycapri #dearcherry #grateful4today